Being a lawyer, particularly at a firm like Allen & Overy, means advising clients on the most significant matters affecting their business.
Doing it well means delivering technically excellent and commercially astute advice. We require lawyers who are not only able to deal with the increasing complexity of issues that our clients face, but who are also able to apply different skills to a variety of situations.
Joining the firm as a trainee, you will have an important role to play and the tasks you handle will not only add significant value to our clients, but will also help you to put the legal advice we give in a commercial context.
You will have a supervisor, a Senior Associate, who will always be willing to answer your questions so that you have everything you need to contribute in a meaningful way. However, at the same time your supervisor will set high standards and expect you to exceed them. They will recognise your successes and highlight where you can improve.
Allen & Overy is a collection of interesting, and interested, people who are alert and alive to opportunities to help our clients and are excited by building these new relationships.
These are the qualities we are looking for in the Allen & Overy lawyers of tomorrow.
Full-time job, suitable for law graduates
- Trainee rotation every six months so you will gain experience across various legal sectors: Competition, Corporate, Employment, Banking, ICM, Litigation, and Real Estate
- Dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading international law firm
- Access to our international knowledge platform
- Varied, interesting work and the opportunity to work with other departments, both in the Czech republic and internationally
- Dedicated local and global training programmes and professional training in communication, IT skills, management and business development skills
- Personal contact with local and international clients
- 2 months’ paid study leave for Czech Bar exams
- Career progression and a very competitive salary
- Attractive package of benefits including meal vouchers, MultiSport card, private medical care, iPhone, social and sport events
What key skills and competencies would we like you to bring?
- A master’s degree in Law from public universities in the Czech Republic. An additional degree would be an asset
- Superior written and verbal Czech and English language skills, knowledge of German would be a plus
- A team player with excellent legal capabilities, entrepreneurial spirit and good communication skills
- Experience with Czech legal databases (ASPI, Beck-online)
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player under pressure
- A sense of responsibility and commitment to a high standard of work
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, well-developed organisational skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent analytical skills, orientated to the details as well as the bigger picture
- Ability to prioritise workload and multitask effectively
- Sense of confidentiality and flexibility
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com or apply on company website.